Brevet of Wine Stewardship
The Brevet of Wine Stewardship leads to certification as a wine service specialist by Wine Campus.
The 20 topics cover the history of wine, grape varieties and viticulture, the winemaking process, major wine regions and labelling regulations, wine styles and types, the art of tasting wine and much more.
Who is it for?
- This course would suit everyone interested in learning about wine. However, it is aimed at beginners who really want to take the subject seriously.
- It is equally suitable for professionals seeking wine knowledge for their business occupation and individuals looking to learn about wine for their social life.
- Anyone beyond the initial stages of learning about wine and who is aiming to gain a more advanced understanding and deeper insight will find this course very valuable.
What are the requirements?
- A fair knowledge of English, the language of this course, is required.
- No existing wine knowledge is needed.
- Students are encouraged to taste different wines throughout this course.
- No specialist equipment is required beyond wine glasses and a corkscrew.
- The cost of the wine samples is not included in the tuition fee.
20 sessions and mentoring
- Knowledge Base
- Wine Service
- List Engineering
- Wine Tasting
- Food & Wine
This wine course gives you direct access to wine professional Georges Meekers, Malta’s award-winning wine writer and member of the Circle of Wine Writers UK. The course is in English and self-paced. Wine samples are not included in the tuition fee. Successful candidates are awarded the coveted certificate of completion.
Designed with you in mind
These online lectures deal in-depth with service aspects of wine. It is designed for those in entry-level food and beverage positions. You gain an understanding of the wine industry, knowledge of the main categories and styles of wines, recognition of the major grape varieties, an understanding to assess and evaluate wine professionally. Also covered are the practical aspects of food and wine parings, storage techniques and the basics of wine service.