Georges' University Wine Course
Georges’ University Wine Course comprises the highly popular wine series Meekers first delivered at the historic premises of Malta’s Old University Building in Valletta.
The 15 topics cover the history of wine, grape varieties and viticulture, the winemaking process, major wine regions and labelling regulations, wine styles and types, the art of tasting wine and much more.
Who is it for?
- This course would suit everyone interested in learning about wine. However, it is aimed at beginners who really want to take the subject seriously.
- It is equally suitable for professionals seeking wine knowledge for their business occupation and individuals looking to learn about wine for their social life.
- Anyone beyond the initial stages of learning about wine and who is aiming to gain a more advanced understanding and deeper insight will find this course very valuable.
What are the requirements?
- A fair knowledge of English, the language of this course, is required.
- No existing wine knowledge is needed.
- Students are encouraged to taste different wines throughout this course.
- No specialist equipment is required beyond wine glasses and a corkscrew.
- The cost of the wine samples is not included in the tuition fee.
15 sessions and more
- Topic 1: a brief history of wine
- Topic 2: winegrowing, really?
- Topic 3: wine, it’s in the grapes
- Topic 4: winemaking
- Topic 5: variety, the spice of wine
- Topic 6: you, the expert taster
- Topic 7: wine’s different styles
- Topic 8: flaws and faults
- Topic 9: wine gone global
- Topic 10: sparkling wine
- Topic 11: sweet wines
- Topic 12: fortified wines: port and sherry
- Topic 13: wine maturation
- Topic 14: alternative wine
- Topic 15: wine’s bright future
- Video Library
- Grape Glossary
- Wine Course Glossary
- Other Topics
- Course Aids
- Wine Tasting Tasks
Georges will help you succeed. He shares his trade secret shortcuts so you get the confidence to feel like a wine expert in any situation.
Georges’ University Wine Course is a comprehensive course. The course is in English and self-paced. Most students complete it in a few months.